Norfolk State University
Leadership Academy Application
Applications must be received by July 1, 2014. Acceptance into the Academy is contingent upon enrollment at NSU and acceptance into the Honors College.
Completed applications (pdf format) can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Selection Criteria for the Leadership Academy
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Minimum SAT Score of 1000 (math and verbal) or 1450 (math, verbal & writing), or ACT Composite Score of 21
- Notable involvement in school-related and/or community activities
- Acceptance into the NSU Honors College
- Completion of Academy application and a brief phone interview
Additional Requirements & Information
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and complete 15 credit hours each fall and spring semester for continued participation in the Academy
- Academy students will be a part of the Leadership Living-Learning Community and reside in Midrise Residential Honors College for the first year of the program
- As a cohort, Academy students will enroll in the Honors sections of IUL 101H, ENG 101H and ENG 102H
- Students must attend a cohort retreat scheduled for August 9th – 10th (early move-in will be arranged)
- Attendance at all Academy cohort meetings, classes and events is expected